Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday@Life Pointe

What a peculiar Jesus we have,one wouldn't have thought that the sunday service could or would begin at 11pm saturday. Of course it was time to end the day and lay down for the night and sleep yet,here i lay thinking of a old children's pray,now i lay me down to sleep.... . what's this really about? am i worried about my soul, no, my confidence is in He who promised that my soul was his to keep,about not awakening in the morning?not! even if it so,it's well with me now at this very moment. we can take this up later ok.
beep,beep beep goes the alarm it's 6am, i get up feeling rested,then i think oh wow i actually slept 7 hours straight through.ty Jesus (i really didn't realize that today Pastor Trav was going to deal anxiety).
off to the coffee pot,i still need my morning eye opener,so there i am standing in kitchen just waiting for the coffee maker to finish,when my daughter Esther wanders in, eyes half shut,she mutters,"what am you doing here,aren't you late for work or are you going in late",i said "no i not late and yea i am going to work(i know it's sunday and my real job awaits me) late"(well later than the usual and i thinking yea, now that is a job i could do 24/7).so i gave her another then she figured out it wasn't monday :-)
ok, coffee in hand, off to read a few blogs,see whats up,... oh crud!6:40 get r in gear boy, you are gonna be late!
7:3? i am here at Life Pointe,everyone is in full swing,Chris is vacuuming the carpet,carts are all out,Richie is busy with the booth and of course Anne is busy putting it all together.
ok, grab the flags,they are a priority,then its like off to the races,whoosh goes the time,somewhere in between i look up and i am thinking "where did all these people come from? ty Jesus.
8:46 everything looks gtg(good to go)but i stumbling with the software on the laptop for the booth,i look for Paul..."Paul,help me..." gtg.i mean if i am anxious on any given sunday today is a good example.
The worship was as outstanding as the Spirit of God could ever make it.(besides any thing else for me to add would not do justice to what He was doing here today,there was a flow from Him and i knew He was doing incredible things in the hearts of His people and me).
Then the real bomb drops,todays teaching,sermon,message anxiety in our lives,just so i don't mess with what the Spirit wants to say to the Church,check it out here,
Life Pointe Church.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David you guys do such an awasome job from set up to tear down. I pray that someday soon I could be one of those that help with either one or both.

Much love and many blessings,

Ela

Anonymous said...

David, I just looked over your blog entry from last week. I don't know how I missed it before. Excellent blog chrono, it totally captures the essence of an LPC volunteer's Sunday morning.

Unknown said...

Ty Phil everything sort of came together for that sunday, the events of the morning leading up the message from the pulpit(podium).Jesus is always a great teacher.

Anonymous said...

We need more people like you.

Its a joy to serve with such Awesome people.

Break down has been an adventure;
Thank God for our Ark.


k